Re: 2 gig file size limit.

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 18:40:46 AKDT

Luke: Your limit isn't kernel based, it is either a limit in your
filesystem, or your operating system (i.e. a configuration file somewhere)

I don't know what the limit on EXT2 is, but I've bumped into the limit
before, but the limits were redhat related, not kernel related. It was
on an RH 6.2 or RH7.3 system which is ancient, so the solution I found
may not be the same one you need.

If you are EXT2, you'll want to bump to ext3 at a bare minimum. If
you're running a filesystem that natively supports 2+GB files (odds are
you are) then you'll want to google for your problem. You'll solve it,
eventually.

If you post some more information about your system (filesystem, disks,
etc) it'll help. We can give you a hand in solving this problem, but
there's not enough to continue with at the moment.

Adam