re: Ubuntu development

From: Kurt Brendgard <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 17:07:17 AKDT

Where did you get this from? sounds interesting.

                 Kurt

Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:50:58 -0800
From: Damien Hull
Subject: Ubuntu development

I started a big debate on the LTSP list about
distributions. Here's a
snip from a post on the stability of the Ubuntu
project.

Shuttleworth is funding Ubuntu, including flying 70
developers to their
dev meetings every 6 months, in places all over the
world. That's some
serious money being poured into this. On top of that,
they are building
a customer support center in Montreal, to handle
professional support.
Doesn't sound like a fly-by-nite operation to me.

Where is Shuttleworth getting the money?
Does this mean Ubuntu is here to stay?

- --
You can get my public PGP key at
https://keyserver.pgp.com