Re: Totally non linux or computer related question: Water related

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 20:51:07 AKDT

On Monday 22 May 2006 20:42, Adam bultman wrote:
> I was told it was an artesian well - no beavers pooing in there...
>
> Artesian well water is excellent! But if it's not artesian, well,
> then, I'll pass :)

I am no hydrologist, but an artisan well is water that makes its way to
the surface due to pressure in the surrounding rock, usually from a
lower elevation to a higher one.

The water along Turnagain Arm is under pressure from water seeping from
above, ~3000 ft of elevation, and contains everything in-between.

--
Greg Madden