Re: aklug Digest V5 #91

From: Tony <vze2jy85@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 14:49:50 AKDT

Hi:

Is anyone having problems with running their
webserver. I run a web server that is headless and
suddenly I am not able to access it anymore. My IP
address also changed (it was never static) so I
thought I ask. I think GCI did something to their
network to disable http access.

Tony

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2006-05/0750.html

> [...]
> > milter that lets you do things in perl, pretty
> much results in endless
> > flexibility. On one mail system I manage, I have
> mimedefang stripping
> > out winmail.dat attachments and re-attaching them
> with mime. Now I can
> > get attachments from outlook users. YAY!!!
> >
> > schu

> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet
> Messaging Program.
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet
> Messaging Program.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> From: "Jared Armstrong"
> <jared.armstrong@hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: Postfix now has support for sendmail's
> milter protocol.
> Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:43:20 -0800
>
> Milter also lets you do some great things like
> dynamic blacklisting,
> stripping hazardous attachments, quarantining
> potentially hazardous
> attachments, greylisting, automatic boilerplate
> attachment, automatic
> encryption and decryption, policy adherence (volume,
> source, destination,
> size, content, attachments, headers, whatever, or
> combinations thereof),
> advanced re-addressing, etc. Also allows you to do
> these things based on
> time of day, day of week, etc. Tie your mail
> transport agent into a
> database like MySQL and you really see the power of
> it.
>
> Really, the limit is your own imagination and needs.
>
> >From: Matthew Schumacher <schu@schu.net>
> >To: Alaska Linux Users Group <aklug@aklug.org>
> >Subject: Postfix now has support for sendmail's
> milter protocol.
> >Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:02:50 -0800
> >
> >From the postfix mailing list:
> >

>http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2006-05/0750.html
> >
> >For those of you who don't know what milter is and
> why it's the greatest
> >thing since sliced bread take a look at the docs:
> >
> >http://www.milter.org/milter_api/index.html
> >
> >Also here is a link to a fantastic milter called
> mimdefang:
> >
> >http://www.mimedefang.org
> >
> >Mimedefang is a milter that keeps a pool of perl
> children around to
> >filter email. Since this pool is always running
> there is virtually no
> >performance hit for filtering the message unless
> your waiting for ldap,
> >spamassassin, or some other external filters that
> mimedefang can call.
> >
> >Here is a quick example of how powerful this is:
> >
> >This filter_recipient function in mimedefang:

> >sub filter_recipient {
> >
> > # set vals
> > my ($recipient, $sender, $ip, $hostname, $first,
> $helo, $rcpt_mailer,
> >$rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;
> >
> > # if the user is sending email to a list then
> check for auth
> > if( $sender !~ /.+\.net$/ ){
> > return ('REJECT', 'Sorry, sender must come

=== message truncated ===