Job op at PangoMedia

From: Geoffrey Wright <geoff.wright@pangomedia.com>
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 11:44:12 AKDT

Heya folks,

Just wanted to let folks know that we're hiring for a new support /
developer position at PangoMedia.

Duties would include assisting in the management of our production
and development system, taking care of network clients and doing some
coding on maintenance projects.

Core skills required are:

  * Linux systems administration experience
  * Windows server administration
  * Lightweight PHP / MySQL experience

Other desired skills include:

  * SQL Server / Oracle / Access / PostgreSQL experience
  * Any other web programming experience (Java, Python, ASP.NET,
Ruby, ColdFusion, etc.)
  * Version control use and administration (Subversion in particular)
  * OS X experience (both client and server)
  * DNS administration (we use djbdns / VegaDNS, but BIND experience
is great as well)
  * Internet security (Cisco PIX, PPTP VPN, Apache SSL, SSH)
  * A little bit of Photoshop-foo
  * etc...

This is really an entry-level position, and you'd have lots of
backup. You don't need to have all (or even most of) the skills
listed here. Really we're just looking for a systems-smart person
with a little bit of web programming experience and a desire to learn
all of this stuff.

We have a lot going on here. One of the responsibilities of this
position is to do some of the configuration management work for our
applications development work, so you'll get the chance to have your
hands on a lot of interesting technology.

If you have interest please feel to call me directly at 907-297-1110,
email me at geoff.wright@pangomedia.com or IM me at geoffrey907 (AIM).

Thanks!

//glw