Re: Need some soldering help

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 00:21:30 AKDT

Thanks for the kind words. Crackers: whole grain, low or no salt. Very
tasty. I can't remember the name or brand. The flavor of the several
grains came through. Maybe someone else knows what I dimly remember. fgd.

Adam bultman wrote:
> Woot.
>
> With a generous helping of Fielder's help, we got that sucker
> re-soldered. One of the pins was 'cold soldered' as Fielder put it, so
> we (he) pulled it off, cleaned it, and put it back on.
>
> At this point, the laptop is all put together, and is happily running
> ubuntu once more - and it's actually useful as a laptop now, instead of
> just a desktop.
>
> Thanks to Fielder, Peter, and everybody else who either directly helped,
> or just tossed comments or ideas our way.
>
> Fielder, I need to know what type of 'payment' I can give - you said you
> had cheese already, so perhaps crackers?
>
> Adam
>

> Shane R. Spencer wrote:
>
>>Who knows.. I will see you Friday if all is well.. If the g/f is sick of me
>>I will see you earlier :)

- --
Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm .^. Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska /v\ "etch" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 30 Years of Service. /( )\ User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^ "irad" 301256