Re: What is spanning tree?

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 13:27:24 AKDT

>What I don't know
>1. Is STP part of all switches ( how about soho/linksys? )
>2. If it's not part of all switches should I get one that has it?
>3. Should a small office of one or two switches use STP?

1) No. Most/some managed switches though, yes.

2) Depends how complex/important/large your network is. Home use, don't
bother. If your studying for a Cisco cert, then yes, get a 2950 off
ebay...It's way overkill for the home user though...

3) Usually not, but then again it all depends.

hope that helps, there's holes in my answers though. Every network is it's
own...

--eddie