Re: Companies loosing laptops and your data

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 17:06:08 AKDT

The story went here:
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,50025-0.html?tw=wn_story_page_prev2

I get the impression Timbuktu is a little expensive for us mere mortals though. It doesn't apear that they will tell you the price until you're halfway through the purchase proceedure. Besides, it's primary purpose is remote control.

There are other options available though:

Computrace (windows) - http://www.absolute.com/default.asp

orbicule (mac) - http://orbicule.com/undercover/
It'll even use your iSight camera to send pictures.

I guess what we need is something for Linux, I couldn't find anything there.

Jim Gribbin