Re: Green Star and spare parts

From: Stanley Long <slong@customcpu.com>
Date: Mon Apr 24 2006 - 11:11:49 AKDT

barsalou wrote:
> I believe the Green Star folks are going to be accepting donations this
> coming weekend and I have access to a few machines that are going to
> make it to their facility.
>
> Before I do that though, I wanted to find out if there is anything that
> someone has a need for?
>
> Obviously the machines are older, so don't expect much. I don't have
> an inventory at this point, but wanted to check with folks about what
> kinds of things I should be keeping an eye out for.
>
> I do have a hub (not a swtich) and a few other peripherals.

Yep, we still use hubs when if we can get them.

Saturday we set up a 2nd box and monitor in a Spenard HCP house. We had
to back out with our IP-Cop firewall, because one of the NIC cards
wasn't working reliably (red side). We have two power strips to give
them and might make a couple short cat-5 cables.

Do you have any PC-100 128mb sticks?
Most of our boxes have 64s and a few 128s (450 mHz and 500 mHz boxes),
so we strip memory and trash every 3rd box. We have a few 1-gHz boxes.
They benefit from PC-133 memory (it gets 1 gHz instead of 750mHz).
Adding memory seems to be the secret to making older boxes dance.

Stanley