Re: web hosting

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 00:58:07 AKDT

as a dreamhost customer i couldn't be happier. the few people i've talked to that were dissatisfied more often than not were just being overly vocal about things that most hosts would have trouble with. i've hosted a few sites with them for over a year and haven't ever had an outage, loss of database access, etc.

one nice thing is that if you do need to contact tech support they allow you to specify the level of your own personal knowledge related to the problem by selecting anything from "i'm lucky i got the computer turned on" to "i probably know more about this than you do" on the ticket. helps get the appropriate help more quickly for your skill level.

~clay