Re: Friday thanks

From: Jim Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 23:14:06 AKDT

They state that the maximum speed by definition of RS 232 is 20,000 bits
per second.

They also go on to state that "popular" PCs commonly come with serial
ports up to 115,000.

I don't see anything that says it can't be faster.

It's been a while since I looked at the "official" definition, but I
don't remember a speed being defined. Line lengths, pinouts, etc, but no
speed. Of course "Hi Speed Serial" then was 9600.

While it is/was uncommon, I do seem to remember some mobos intended for
hi-performance workstations in the past with serial ports of at least 230Kb.

Jim