Re: Health Problems Related to the Geek Lifestyle

From: ben.everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 10:12:01 AKDT

I have worked in the geek industry for over 10 years. Over the past 5 I
have moved to more of a static desk job that requires much more keyboard
work. At the three year mark I was noticing effects of this desk-job. At
home afterwork while relaxing my wrists would tingle or ache. I opted to
swap out my dell mouse and "soft touch" keyboard for a MS keyboard that
requires very little action to type; and the mouse being the
non-wireless MS laser which is the lightest I have found. Swapping to
these two devices has completely cleared up any issues I had. People
like wireless mice, but in my opinion, the batteries are harder on your
wrist than even an old ball-based mouse.

My .02.

-Ben