Re: Ping times

From: <jgribbin@alaska.net>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:47:46 AKST

I seem to recall a few years ago, some 'luggers were talking about setting up some sort of interconnect between the two as a Community Service project. I believe one concept was tied to that "ring" something or that ATU used to have set up as kind of a local WAN so that their local customers with multiple locations, i.e. - Carr's, could talk to each other back before the Internet.
I also seem to recall hearing that GCI and ATU had discussed setting up something like this, but neither side really wanted to talk to each other, so the only way something like this ever would happen was by a neutral third party.

Jim Gribbin