Re: SuSE 10

From: Stanley Long <slong@customcpu.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 09:49:13 AKST

Dee McKinney wrote:
> Anyone here using SuSE 10 for their workstation? How is it working for a
> good workstation use?
>

> -Dee

We have two each 1-gHz machines here on 10.0
Both are destined for needy users, and both work well on my fixed
address network. The automounting of USB cameras in 10.0 is much better
than in 9.2 on my workstation.

Last Friday evening we put 10.1 beta-6 on Doug's 64-bit AMD box.
A we noted a couple applications not yet available as 64-bit.
We used a 21" P260 flat glass monitor for the install, and SAX2 locks
the keyboard/mouse when we try to reduce screen resolution via YAST.

Doug has most of the 32-bit 10.1 Beta-8 downloaded as of last night.