Re: Downloading ISO"s

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 14:51:33 AKST

wade adams wrote:
> Help Please!!! I have tried to download the Fedora Core 4 iso's and seem to
> only get 375.6mb of a 653.3mb iso. I have tried using different mirrors and
> sites. I have also tried to burn iso images that have been provided to me
> with the same results. What am I doing wrong if anything??? If someone
> can help it would be gratefully appricated.
> Thank you,
> wade

Hey Wade,

Instead of downloading using a web browser open a command line inside of
linux and use 'wget -c'. Copy the URL from the browser address line and
put it after the wget command. e.g.
'wget -c http://www.isoworld/fedora-core4-1.iso'

Without the single quotes and whatever the real address is for the .iso
file. Then if it fails you can just hit the 'up' arrow key and which
will put the command back on the command line and continue downloading
from where it left off.

Hope that helps,

Jon