RE: VHS to DVD anyone?

From: Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 18:51:51 AKST

Also, some digital camcorders have video pass-through, so you can hook
the video out on your VCR to video in on the camera, hook up the
Firewire to your machine, and record. Some models support it, others
don't. So you may already have something that will do it ... or you
may want to invest in something that you can keep using even after
you're done with the conversion.

Cleaning up the signal is a different matter. VHS degrades relatively
quickly. There are some good howtos out there; I can cough up a few
when I get home if you're interested.

Royce