Re: Chat server

From: <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 18:47:28 AKST

For the sake of upgrading the existing jabber server at work, I did a
local install of jabberd 2.x on my home server.

It took me a couple hours to set up a jabber2 server that had a berkeley
DB for the backend, including the future possibilities of
mysql/postgresql/ldap storage, and set up a self-signed SSL certificate
for TLS/SSL. This included resolving dependencies for compiling the
source myself on my ubuntu box.

Configuring it is included in that time. It was working just fine, and I
could interact with other jabber servers (although traffic from
server-to-server wasn't encrypted - the work server won't do that)
lickety-split.

Adam