ifup-aliases - help needed

From: Jamie Hushower <jamie@hushower.net>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 09:27:15 AKST

Hey all-
I'm trying to setup a class B IP range as Ethernet sub-interfaces using ifup-aliases on a RHEL4 server, but from what I can deduce from the included documentation and the scant information found in a Google search I can only input ranges with a 24-bit subnet mask. That is to say, I want to set up a file that looks like this:

IPADDR_START=172.16.1.4
IPADDR_END=172.16.6.254
CLONENUM=1

I receive an error that the addresses "don't agree". Can anyone confirm that I need to set up 6 separate config files as follows:

____ Config File 1____
IPADDR_START=172.16.1.4
IPADDR_END=172.16.1.254
CLONENUM=1