Job Posting - Software Engineer

From: Nathan Hogge <nhogge@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 19:03:48 AKST

Hey all,

Thought I would mention a job opening here in Anchorage for a Software
Engineer. It is for writing software for AHFCAN doing Telehealth using
.Net in C#. Best job I have had and we are looking for an another
addition that has a strong utility belt of experience and eagerness to
learn.

Go to
http://www.anthc.org and its under job listings as:
05-494, DIT- AFHCAN, Software Engineer

- Nathan

More details:

"Alaskan telehealth provider AFHCAN is looking for a Software Engineer
to join the development team for its .NET telehealth collaboration
software. You will work on an exciting variety of technologies,
including medical device integration, a .NET smart client, server,
secure peer-to-peer network (XML messaging and streaming), web
development, internationalization, electronic medical record
integration, and more.

Our software runs on our custom telehealth carts and portable units,
doctors' desktops, telehealth servers, and AFHCAN network nodes
(message routers). The Alaskan network includes 300 sites, covering
large areas of rural Alaska. Our systems are even deployed on Coast
Guard ships. The next step: take over the world!

The development team practices agile development within the
constraints of FDA medical device requirements, including short
iterations, continuous integration (CruiseControl.NET), source control
(Subversion), unit testing (NUnit), bug tracking (FogBugz), living
documentation (wiki), and customer collaboration. We have dedicated
testers to keep you humble and an extensive test environment.

Are you tired of simply wiring up data grids to databases Do you
dream of working with a small, empowered team of developers who are as
passionate about good software as you are If you want to dive deep
into technology that makes a real difference in healthcare, this is
where it's at! "