Re: Looking for Older, Slower Machine

From: <rspickles@kcialaska.org>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 09:59:49 AKST

I do have several machines in the 300mhz to 450mhz range that I consider
too slow for use in my give away program - they are in effect free. A
donation to CFA would be nice but not required. As for noise you would
just have to try them out yourself - I have not in most cases even
turned them on. (a batch of 400 mzh compaqs do not even have a processor
fan -- just one on the power supply).

Troy Melhase wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to buy locally an older, slower machine suitable for running linux.
> My preference is something smaller, in the 300-500 MHz range, but really my
> main criteria are price and noise (I'd like both to be low).
>
> Please mail me off list if you have hardware you'd like to sell. Thanks all!

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: rspickles.vcf