Re: TurboLinux from off-list...

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 09:10:45 AKST

Oh yeah. I managed a group of turbolinux (turbocluster, even!) boxes
for about two years. During that time, while the Mandrakes, the Red
Hats, the Debians, and the everything else was marching forward,
Turbolinux released a grand total of ZERO new updates, ZERO security
releases, ZERO new packages. Big Fat Goose Egg.

I had to update everything by hand, and everything had to be watched
very closely since with each new security problem, I could either
update by hand, or, in the case that it was too difficult to upgrade,
just pray that nobody found that little soft spot in the armor.

Oh, and then Turbolinux said, "We aren't going to support U.S.
Customers anymore. Period. But we do have some lovely japanese
versions, if you'd like it.". That was my favorite part...

Adam