Re: Web Hosting Company Recommendations

From: captgoodnight captgoodnight <captgoodnight@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 14:57:51 AKST

Oh heck, I'll chime in.

DONT USE http://www.your-site.com/! I did a survey there and found serious
weaknesses. They still haven't updated, over 8 months ago! ugrh. I wanna
switch, but I'm too busy too...lol

Everything from cross sight scripting vulns to password/username reuse
accross ALL services, from ssh to ftp/pop/smtp/domain!. Basically given one
hoop to jump through (sniff a ftp or smtp/pop pass) to gain full access to a
user's account (freedom of ssh ;). They also lack https on some sensitive
areas...What really gets me, is they don't have a solution to the
password/username reuse issue...

ugly 2 cents,
eddie