Re: reliable wireless router

From: Jim Dory <jim.dory@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 22:44:50 AKST

Interesting about the Mikrotik comment Dee... I've had two (out of two) burn
up (or quit working anyhow for some reason.) One seemed to overheat, one
seemed to have a power supply fail. I swapped parts between them and got one
working for a short time - but it won't run now either. They ran maybe 2
years so maybe that is all one expects.
I kinda liked them.. I had the 2.6V operating system on them - it was some
kind of proprietary thing.. is linux new on them or is it just hidden away
under their proprietary stuff?

You've had good luck with them? I was thinking of switching to some Cisco's
- the small $500 variety but Mikrotik's are much cheaper..

cheers, JD