Help with Indigo2?

From: Ronald Yeager <rony@gci.net>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 11:52:19 AKST

Anybody have some experience with SGI's Indigo2 R10000 machines? We have inherited a couple purple monsters that we are having difficulty loading IRIX 6.3 on. The install tools load and then we get an error saying that "no recognizable file system exists." We did the auto setup on the disk, and it still says this. Can anyone help us? Do we need a special version of IRIX, and is there a version of Linux that runs on these? Maybe Debian? I saw this discussed on the SGI website, but not too promising. Thanks!