Re: Damn Small Linux on old laptop

From: ben.everitt <ben.everitt@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 10:20:34 AKST

I have several older laptops and I've played with lots of these smaller
distros to make the most of what I've got. The 'Insert' distro does a
very decent job like DSL (D*mn small linux).

http://www.inside-security.de/insert_en.html

Though the distro is marketed as "Inside Security Rescue Toolkit", it's
quite handy for everyday tasks such as DSL is used for. If you have over
64Meg on your old box, use the 'toram' option; it makes an old box fly.

-Ben