Re: FW: verizon & acs = treo service?

From: Jim Gribbin <Jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 10:10:37 AKST

According to Palm's website, they do have a CDMA version. It's set up
for Sprint.
http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo650/treo650_cdmadsheet.pdf

My impression is that CDMA data products are less transportable between
carriers than GSM data products are though.

If you go to Sierra Wireless' website and look up the card ACS sells,
they have 2 versions. 1 for ACS up here and 1 for a carrier down in NM
(I think it was), they aren't interchangeable.

I also know at least on person that got the 650 from GCI, they resell
CellOne. You can also get "unlocked" ones off eBay and straight from
Palm. They are more expensive, but I understand they work up here just
fine. I also hear CellOne is going to carry the 650 after the first of
the year.

Jim

Dee McKinney wrote:

>Cellular One service will as they have a GSM network, but I just asked
>someone at ACS about this and was told that since the Palm Treo is a
>GSM/GPRS model only, ACS Wireless does not support this device.
>
>Hopefully ACS will make an announcement also if this is in-correct.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Jim.vcf