Re: My public PGP key

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 09:48:14 AKST

Tim Jordan wrote:
> Damien Hull wrote:
>

>>Thunderbird checks a list of key servers that you provide. Lets say you
>>send me an email that's digitally signed with pgp. If the key server
>>holding your key is in my list of key servers Thunderbird should connect
>>to the server and grab your public key for me.
>>
>>I've never tested this but that's what the instructions imply.
>>
>>I had to import the public key from my key server. I think this tells
>>Thunderbird to except all public keys from that server.
>>
>>I'm still learning about pgp keys and digital signatures. What I really
>>need is for someone to send me a signed email. Then I can go through the
>>process of getting the public key from the key server and checking the
>>email.
>>

>>Joshua Kugler wrote:
>>

>>>I don't know what Thunderbird does, but if I don't have the key in my
>>
>>local
>>
>>>stash, it says:
>>
>>>"Message was signed with unknown key 0x52BFF145.
>>>The validity of the signature cannot be verified."
>>
>>>So that means I could look up key 52BFF145 on the key server.
>>
>>>Providing a link to your exported public key is good too (like on
>>
>>your web
>>
>>>site or some such).
>>
>>>j----- k-----

>>--
>>You can get my public PGP key at https://keyserver.pgp.com
>

> Damien,
> I sent you an email encrypted with my gpg key. problem is I haven't
> published my key yet. Sorry about that.
>
> Tim

If you want to send me an encrypted email use my public key. Privet keys
are only used to digitally sign and decrypt email.

Any one with your public key can decrypt the email message you sent me.
Even if it was only meant for me. If you had used my public key I would
be the only one who could decrypt the message.

Down load my public key and give it a try.

- --
You can get my public PGP key at https://keyserver.pgp.com