Re: GCI Cable for webhosting

From: Neil Moomey <neil@neilmoomey.com>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 17:25:41 AKST

I decided to go with ACS DSL 1Mbps/320Kbps. I wanted faster up but can't
seem to get it without a business license and paying for a commerical phone
line. The guy at GCI didn't think I could get 640Kpbs up at my house with
Business DSL anyways because of my location in Anchorage. That seems odd.
I'm concerned 320Kbps might not be fast enough but it's worth a try. I can
always use my ACS webhosting account for the photos.

I'm going to try zoneedit.com for dynamic dns. I heard good things about
them. Any horror stories? 1 Million DNS hits a year are free. How does a
DNS hit compare to a web page hit?

Slackware installed ok so I'll try that.

Neil