Re: Aklug server

From: W.D.McKinney <deem@wdm.com>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 18:50:49 AKST

I have a 2meg up/down connection that we can use for this also.
-Dee

tem in DMA mode and trying to transfer a lot of data causes a kernel erro=
r. I've tried two different kernels, with the same results. I haven't tr=
ied any non-centos kernels yet.

>>Running the system without dma mode hasn't caused any kernel problems y=
et, but man is it slow!

>>2. Trying to mirror debian, centos, fedora, and anything is simply too =
slow on my connections. I can do about 5G a day if I give it total priori=
ty and don't do anything else. BUt, it kills my connection, and since I =
work from here, it's just no good. IF anyone else here that frequents th=
e meetings has a faster connection (What's this I hear about a 3MBit GCI =
connection?) that wouldn't mind giving the aklug server a temporary home,=
 I'm sure we'd all be more than glad to let it be borrowed.