Re: The GPL ?

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 13:20:24 AKST

Yep. If you modify it and then release it, just make sure you follow the
terms of the GPL (Section 2 in particular). If you don't release it
publically, and just use it for your own personal use, nobody's going to
care - but you should be prepared to provide yourself with copies of the
source at any time. ;)

The only catch I can see is that all included software in a particular
distribution may not be distributed under the GPL (the Apache license
comes to mind), in which case you may have to pay some consideration
those software packages separately.

Justin