Re: GCI Cable for webhosting

From: Grant Stockly <grant@cmosxray.com>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 09:32:53 AKDT

At 09:14 AM 10/28/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Thanks everyone. I don't qualify for MTA DSL because I live in Anchorage
>and a quick look at ACS website reveals they only have 320kbps upload speed.
>http://www.acsalaska.com/consumer/c-internet/c-i-services/c-dsl/area1a.stm
>Their business DSL does not list speeds or prices. GCI DSL for businesses
>is a possibility but kind of pricey.
>http://www.gci.com/forbusiness/internet/livewire.htm $70/mo for 640kbps
>would not be too bad I guess. That should be pretty snappy for a photo
>intentive website like mine right?

GCI Business DSL is a good deal. 640 up or down. I'm not sure what my
current cable modem upload speed is, but its not 640. I can download at
home the full 640k from the DSL at work.

Sometimes at night GCI will try to charge me more for Internet and jack my
download speed up to 300-400k per second. Maybe they think they can trick
me into downloading some new linux distribution on 10 iso images. ;) I
don't know if the upload speed goes up at the same time, but it doesn't
last anything.

Take a look at this page. It has 2-3MB of images on it, located on the DSL.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401033