RE: PDA's

From: Christopher Erickson <cerickson@gci.net>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 13:57:08 AKDT

My current uber-PDA is the Palm Treo-650.

Palm is working on a migration to Linux.

Quad-band GSM cellphone with powerful, fast Palm PDA combined.
Internet access directly on the phone with email and web browser
just about anywhere I can get a cellular signal.

It also has a built-in MP3 player and with a $20 program (MMplayer),
I can watch full-length movies on it.

Also has Bluetooth and a built-in video and still camera with full
sound.

Since I am an astronomy nut I have purchased a number of astronomy
programs for it that allow me to control my computerized telescopes
wirelessly via Bluetooth.

This thing is a gas!

http://web.palm.com/products/smartphones/treo650/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000982UY2

Unlocked version is compatible with GCI and Cellular One.

ACS customers are out of luck.

"My advice is free and worth every penny!"

-Christopher Erickson
Network Design Engineer
5432 E. Northern Lights Blvd., Suite 529
Anchorage, AK 99508
N61° 11.710' W149° 46.723'
Meade 16" LX200 SCT
www.data-plumber.com