FSOT - any interest?

From: Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 16:12:49 AKDT

Couple servers that need homes, plus some other stuff... Hate to see it
go to the dump, but I fear that's the next step for some of this.

1: Compaq Proliant 1200 tower. P2-233, three 68-pin hotswap trays (two
have 4.3G drives in them, and I've got a third someplace that can go
with it). DAT8 drive, hotswap reduntant PS (3x 220w), 10/100 onboard
LAN.

2: DEC Server 3300 tower. 21164A-400, 1.1GB RAM (1GB + 128MB), 9G SCA HD
plus a spare hot-swap tray (will take up to four). DEC 10/100 LAN plus
3com 10/100 EISA LAN (I think one is bad, can't remember which).

The DEC replaced the Compaq as my home web/mail/ftp etc. server, and has
since been replaced with a Dell. Both work fine; I'm not sure how much
RAM is in the Compaq, but they both use the same buffered EDO memory -
the Compaq tops out at 512MB, and I have no idea how high the DEC will
go (I'll toss in some extra memory for the Compaq - I forget what they
are, but two pairs of Compaq buffered SIMMs).

HP Visualize C180 workstation. PA-RISC CPU, SCSI HD/CD inside, was
running Debian 3.0 until it crashed. I can't figure out why, and don't
have time to mess with it. Has the EVC-VGA adapter so it can use a
normal multisync monitor

Sony 17" monitor. Works great, I have an unused 19" at this point and
really don't need it...

Have a couple external IBM HD cases - take 3.5" HH 68-pin drives, have
two 68-pin connectors plus ID switch. Both have Seagate 18G drives in
them - ST318436LW. Dust also included free :-)

Cisco 3101 with two AUI network ports. Given as a gift, I have no idea
how to make it work... I powered it on, figured out how to erase the
password, and it appears fine (if I knew what to do with it).

Most of this is "make offer", as the g/f is getting extremely tired of
it and either wants me productively using it or it's going away. (I can
justify two Dell servers in the house, but all the rest of them...)
Might be interested in trades, too, depending on what the trade is.

Also have a big box of "stuff" - SIMMs, video cards, LAN cards, SCSI
cards, sound cards, modems, etc. It's all in a Dell PC shipping box, and
it's around half full. Everything in there worked when put in... There's
even two PPro 200 chips in there (in a little box, of course). I think
there's also some Netware4 boxes in there - 250 user server pack, IP
option, etc. Offers on this that will be accepted are anything including
the phrase "I'll come over and get it" :-)

Everything is in Wasilla, BTW :-)