AKLUG Links

From: kracker <thekracker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 05:32:10 AKDT

Hey everybody,

This weekend's programming fun took an interesting turn when I rewrote
an application called diggClone taking a static application to the
next level.

Then I got to thinking, I have been thinking about how to take the
existing information, resources and ideas already being created and
make the information more friendly to casual viewers. To breath a bit
of web application fresh air into the aklug's web presence.

So I rebranded a copy of the application for the AKLUG, I've been
tentatively calling it AKLUG Links.
http://links.brookinsconsulting.com/

The AKLUG Links provides for user story submission, digg (like) voting
(moderation), social bookmarking, spell checking, commenting, dynamic
rss (stories, categories, latest submissions), rss ( of the AKLUG
mailing list ), rss viewer of the mailing list, wiki (link), calendar
(link) and more ...

So...I ask you (the group). What do you think of the idea of adding to
the AKLUG's web site offering? What do you think of the AKLUG Links?
Does the ability for anyone in the group being able to post topical
content (from the web, the mailing list, yourself) to a group website,
where the members are the editors have value to you?

I was looking for a weekend code distraction from the mundane,
diggClone needed a lot of work and I reached my goals and have
contributed my modifications to the source back to the maintainer. I
thought you guys might really digg having an AKLUG (group) area to
post content, news and extend the mailing list to more people.

But more importantly what do you think ... please be verbose :)

Happy Hacking,
//kracker

Depeche Mode : Playing The Angel : Precious | Macrovision | The sinner in m=
e ...