Re: Google to promote Open Office

From: Greg Madden <pabi@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 13:29:48 AKDT

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 01:14 pm, Stanley Long wrote:
> Sun Microsystems, Inc. and Google Inc. just announced an agreement to
> promote and distribute their software technologies to millions of users
> around the world. ...
> http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2005-10/sunflash.20051004.1.html
>
> This was a joint press release.
>
> Groklaw ran the story before the meeting, and posted an address for the
> live Webcast http://wcdata.sun.com/webcast/archives/VIP-2166/
>
> Going by the number of anonymous detractors on Groklaw, it must be
> rather important progress of Open Source. I wold think that having Open
> Office promoted on Google would help open office :-))
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20051004122157556

I just don't know, I can't seem to get past the concept of having my data
on someone else's server. This is an old Sun concept, the network
computer, or some such, there are other sites doing web enabled apps, but
to me, it all comes back to .. my data somewhere else besides my hard
drive. Just doesn't seem okay, esp since Google likes to do search's....

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.