ACS - Rant

From: Matthew Dunaway <fert@eagle.ptialaska.net>
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 22:55:21 AKDT

If anybody on this list works for ACS, this is not directed at you.

Six weeks ago I called ACS and wanted to sign up for their DSL service.
The lady who answered the phone was very polite to me. She asked me
what I would like for a user name and password for my new account. And
also a name for my new e--mail account. (Which I supplied to her) So
far, so good.
After I told her everything she needeed to know, she told me that some
outfit (VeriSign, or something like that) would call me and make sure
that I wanted DSL added to my account.
I had no problem with this as they probably wanted to make sure I was
over 18 years old and. did, in fact, want DSL added to my account. I had
no problem with this.
Three weeks passed and I did not hear anything from ACS as to when my
DSL service would be installed.
I called ACS again and was told there was not an order on my account to
have DSL installed. So I talked to the lady on the phone and gave her
all the information again ( user name, password, etc). And I was told
that there is now an order on my account for DSL.
I am now supposed to have DSL installed on Monday( hopefully Oct. 3,
2005) between 8-10 a.m. Do you think ACS will show up???

I don't.
Anybody want to bet any money???

Is this the reason why people use GCI????