setting up php.ini to use my mail server

From: Tim Jordan <tim@pcs-alaska.com>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 14:31:14 AKDT

I have an e-store that I'm very close to deploying for a non-profit.
Because of $ restrictions I have offered to host the server. My problem
is that I'm having trouble configuring PHP to send mail through my mail
server.

The e-store is running on a dedicated debian server.
My mail server is running on a debian qmail server.

On the e-store server I set the php.ini to use sendmail - no go! Then I
tried to point the smtp line to my mail servers local address - no go!

Any guidance is appreciated....Thanks....Tim