Re: Hi & Distro Recomendation for newbie

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 08:16:13 AKDT

Try this:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Distributions/Tiny/

Never really looked at any of them, but at first glance Tiny Linux (the
one with the space) or Tomukas look to be the most promising for what
you want.

MINIX (not Linux, but *nix-based) also may work for you.

If you enjoy pain and want to try running a GUI, try looking at smallX
(formerly tinyX).

Hope this helps,
Justin