IT Expo

From: Oliver Savage <oliver.savage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 14:37:15 AKDT

I volunteered to take care of the IT Expo AKLUG table in the
non-profit area. I am planning on being there all day on the 18th and
possibly on the 19th depending on how the first day goes. I have
registered for AKLUG at the Expo and requested two extra passes for
LUG members. From what I understand the Exhibitor Pack will arrive on
Sept 18.

I will personally be bringing a laptop and desktop running Linux,
several Ubuntu CD's and some copies of the OpenCD. I also plan on at
the very least having available example programs both Linux and
Windows for people to experience. I would love to see some type of
pamplet for new Linux users. We should also work up a basic flyer for
the AKLUG meetings, with directions and contact information (do we
have something like this already?).

If you would like something to be displayed at our table, if you have
advice to give me, or kind words of support my ears are open. I would
like to try and set up one weekday and one weekend, say tuesday
October 11th and Saturday October 15th to pick up anything that you
would like to give me for the Expo. I am also planning on attending
all AKLUG meetings between now and October 14th, so you can also
contact me there. My cell number is 748-4532 and my work number is
338-8188 (ext 14).

Have a gwonderful day