Re: FreeNX

From: Tim Jordan <tim@pcs-alaska.com>
Date: Sun Sep 04 2005 - 08:46:16 AKDT

Barsalou wrote:

>Recent talk about FreeNX has made me wonder if anyone in our group has
>set this up.

I'm using it on four servers.

>I'm using VNC at the moment but was considering
>switching.
>
>If you have setup FreeNX, would you mind sharing some of the more
>difficult bits?
>
>Mike B.

I have not run into any problems setting it up. I have done it for
Debian and PCLinuxOS. I did a quick "How to" for PCLinuxOS and I've
sent the Debian instructions I did to this list a few months back.
http://pcs-alaska.com/pclos/freenx.html

If your asking if you can shadow sessions like VNC - you will struggle
as this is not supported in FreeNX yet.

Tim