Re: Mod_perl question

From: Michael Fowler <michael@shoebox.net>
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 18:10:37 AKDT

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 02:41:39PM -0800, jsw@wadell.org wrote:
> I am trying to get a perl cgi script running. Nearly there, but @INC does
> not include the location of the module I need to load. Where does INC get
> set?

Run perldoc -q 'include path' for documentation on how to modify @INC.
Generally the method I prefer is to set the PERL5LIB environmental variable
in the Apache configuration. This may require modifying suexec if you're
using that to restrict your CGI scripts.

The alternative, under mod_perl, is to modify @INC in a file loaded by the
PerlRequire directive. This requires that you run your CGI script under
mod_perl itself, rather than as a standalone script, using something like
Apache::Registry or Apache::PerlRun.

Hopefully that gave you some ideas. If you need specifics let me know.

--
Michael Fowler
www.shoebox.net