p4 test machine needed

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2005 - 23:13:15 AKDT

i was woken up about an hour ago by the smell of burning PCB. from what i can tell, since all of the fans are working, the power supply failed and fried the motherboard in my mini-pc. i'll move everything back to my old trusty althon 1.4ghz workstation after work tomorrow and use that until i can find a replacement. thing is i'd like to move this last system to amd, but i'd also like to know if the processor is still working without having to buy an identical replacement box off ebay for $100.

what i'm hoping is that someone out there has a relatively portable p4 system they're willing to bring to a friday meeting so i can test to see if my processor is still working or not. it'd he a big waste of cash to order a new p4 system to find out the processor is toast when i don't plan on using the p4 system anymore anyhow. so if someone could help me out at a meeting or even a work place is cool if you have test machines handy i'd really appreciate it. compensation for helping me out and saving me the cash would be cool. let me know and i'll see what i can do...

thanks,
~clay

p.s. if anyone's in the market for a p4 3.06ghz 533mhz fsb let me know. i'll reply to anyone interested if it turns out ot be ok. thus far it's run like a champ...