Restricting a user to console logins only

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 15:05:54 AKDT

I've done some googling and some bash scripting experimentation, and haven't
found what I'm looking for. Is there an easy to to restrict a user to
logging in to the console *only*? For reboot/maintenance purposes I need a
user (besides my personal user account) that can log into the console, and
then us to root. But, I don't want that user to be able to ssh in. I'm sure
it's possible, I just haven't found out how.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator