AirCard580

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 16:39:10 AKDT

ACS has a Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 that you can connect into a laptop
as a pcmcia card. I just recently got one and have it working under FC4.

I found this page with help on setting it up:

http://debiana.net/aircard580.html

I am using FC4 with kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

I can confirm that the card does work and was downloading at 46KB(yes, a
big 'B' for Bytes, not bits) from www.apple.com, from home. After I got
it working last night, I left Muldoon (where the AKLUG meetings are
held) and drove to Lake Otis and Dowling and was downloading all the way
there, with speeds of 10-16KB. It is a very cool card and am hoping it
will work up in Willow and Talkeetna where I have some land. I will let
you know after this weekend if I make it up there.

Jon