Re: Multiple Hard Drives

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 09:54:00 AKDT

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Neil Moomey wrote:

> How many hard drives can a 350 watt power supply handle? I have two
> now. Also, is there such a thing as an external hard drive enclosure
> that supports more than one hard drive? Perhaps even an external power
> supply?
> Neil

I've had three or four scsi drives in a case with a 300 watt power supply
before, and the only thing I did special was set the jumpers on them so
they'd spin up sequentially. I don't even know if it was necessary.

External drive enclosures are very easy to come by if you're talking scsi
drives. If you're talking IDE or SATA you can still find them, but you'll
almost certainly have to buy new.

Mike