Re: Intel 536 modem

From: Jim Gribbin <Jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 14:22:22 AKDT

That must have been the last version that was come-up with before the
"hooks" were pulled. Sometimes they just do that.
I came across an interesting mailing list exchange between a kernel
maintainer and someone who bought a philips web cam just before they
pulled those hooks. The web cam owner started out very polite and over
the course of 6 or 8 exchanges, you could see the poor guy descending
into madness. The philips ones seem to back in though, this week anyway :).

Jim Gribbin

Tim Jordan wrote:
> Jim Gribbin wrote:
>

>>Someone the other day was trying to come up with a driver module=
>>for this modem. While looking for something else, I came across=
>>a link to an updated driver for the linux 2.6.x kernel - along=
>>with a bit of a how-to.
>>
>>http://forums.gentoo.org//viewtopic-t-203605-highlight-intel536ep=
>>html
>>
>>Jim
>>
>>---------
>>with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.
>>

> Thanks for the follow up Jim. I did find this on my own and compiled it
> against my pclos 9.1 kernel which runs,
> 2.6.11-oci11.mdk-i586-up-1GB. I guess the same guy builds the Mandriva
> kernels. Anyway, the driver fails to compile because of the pm_access
> errror I posted.
>
> I found the light and ordered a serial modem off of pricewatch.com. I'm
> done with Linmodems!
>
> Take care,
> Tim

-- Type: text/x-vcard