Re: OT -> bit twiddling on a parallel port?

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 16:08:06 AKDT

This is different that putting a specific voltage out over a specific
pin though. You can use the parallel port to control the voltage of the
DAC, but you would need like 8 of these (assuming he wants to just
control the data pins) which were then each connected to the pins in a
parallel cable.

At least as I understand his question...

I guess the solution would depend on what exactly he needs to do. If he
just needs to be able to control one pin at a time, you could just have
the DAC which then goes to a rotary switch to go between the pins and
the output parallel cable. So the software would control the voltage,
but the switch would control which pin.. But I've been going on the
assumption he wants to be able control each pin simultaneously.

Justin