Re: OT -> bit twiddling on a parallel port?

From: James <marblemunkey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 22:21:36 AKDT

Sounds like this guy doesn't understand the parallel port...

IIRC, the parallel port, like almost is anything else on the computer,
is entirely digital; i.e. you can set it on, or off, but on or off are
predefined voltages (within tolerances), and I can't remember hearing
anything about setting voltages on a parallel port, let alone
individual pins.

You might have a look at these and see if there's something I missed...
http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/PORTS/F_PARALLEL1.html
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/lptpower.html

On 7/19/05, Mac Mason <mac@cs.hmc.edu> wrote:
> So, I got an interesting question the other day. I know a guy who wants t=
> programatically set the voltages on individual pins on a parallel port. (=
IE,