Re: DMA on Friday night server

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 09:10:47 AKDT

On Friday 08 July 2005 08:58, Damien Hull wrote:
> It's a Dell OptiPlex. I'm trying to find out if I can set /dev/hdb above
> UDMA 2.
>
> processor : 0
> vendor_id : GenuineIntel
> cpu family : 6
> model : 5
> model name : Pentium II (Deschutes)
> stepping : 1
> cpu MHz : 331.776
> cache size : 512 KB
> fdiv_bug : no
> hlt_bug : no
> f00f_bug : no
> coma_bug : no
> fpu : yes
> fpu_exception : yes
> cpuid level : 2
> wp : yes
> flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
> bogomips : 653.31

Pentium II? I would wager UDMA 2 or 3 would be the highest, but don't quote
me on that. If you have the Service tag for it, you can go to the dell
support site (support.dell.com) enter it, and get all the info you would ever
want about it, including manual and tech specs.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator