Re: Qmail + LDAP = difficult fun.

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 14:06:04 AKDT

Adam bultman wrote:

>Hey you guys.
>
>I know that there's at least a couple people out there interested in
>LDAP (Damien, being one).
>
>I just finished setting up a qmail test server with Qmail-ldap, and
>included all the TLS, SMTP AUTH settings as well as courier-imap/pop3.
>
>It's a bit difficult to wrap your head around, but once you get it
>running, it's really cool.
>
>I'm going to see if I can write some documentation and open-source it
>for the various configuration involved.
>
>Let me know if you're intersted, ad I can send you a copy.
>
>Damien: I might be able to help you with your ldap stuff pretty soon,
>I've managed to uncover ldap a bit better this week.
>
>Adam
>---------

I've put all my LDAP projects on hold. I've got a few projects I need to
complete before I go back to LDAP. As soon as I get a chance I'm going
to try the Fedora LDAP project. All the info is at
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Main_Page

My goal is to place all of my clients info in LDAP. My theory is that
once the information is in LDAP I can use it for email accounts, Apache
authentication, company address book etc... That's the theory any way.
So far I haven't been able to get LDAP working.